Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to 2 to 1, a premarital mentoring ministry of North Point Ministries. Great marriages don't just happen! An important part of having a great marriage is preparation. 2 to 1 is designed to help prepare engaged couples for a strong, lasting marriage based on biblical principles.
2 to 1 pairs an engaged couple with a trained, volunteer mentor couple for six to eight mentoring sessions over two to three months. A structured curriculum provides excellent preparation in areas key to a successful marriage-communication, conflict resolution, finances, intimacy, and family. The PREPARE/ENRICH inventory, an online tool that assesses a couple’s strengths and growth areas, is also used.
Mentors are not licensed counselors. They are Christian couples that have been married five years or more and demonstrate maturity in their relationship with God and wisdom in their marriage.
Prerequisites for participation in 2 to 1:
- You are currently engaged with a wedding date more than six months from the date of registration.
- One or both of you are regular attendees or members of a campus of North Point Ministries. Priority will be given to members.
It is critical to begin mentoring at least six months before your wedding date. This ensures that if areas are discovered during the mentoring sessions that you or your fiancé need further work on, there will be plenty of time to do so apart from the last-minute rush of wedding preparations.
If you do not meet these prerequisites, we recommend premarital counseling with one of the professional Christian counselors in our referral network. Each of these counselors specializes in premarital counseling and is trained to administer and interpret the PREPARE/ENRICH.
If you meet the prerequisites, the next steps are as follows:
- Click here to register. The cost of 2 to 1 is $170, which includes materials and the PREPARE/ENRICH. You will be required to pay online when you register. If you decide not to participate, you will receive a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the 2 to 1 staff with additional details and instructions.
- Based on current demand, you may be placed on a waiting list. Being placed on the waiting list does not guarantee participation in 2 to 1. If your wedding date is moved up, you may not be eligible to participate.
- When a mentor couple is available (no less than three to four months from your wedding date), you’ll be given further instructions to complete the PREPARE/ENRICH, the 2 to 1 questionnaire, and be matched with a mentor couple.
Additional information and important links: