Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to Two to One, a premarital mentoring ministry of North Point Ministries. Great marriages don't just happen! An important part of having a great marriage is preparation. Two to One is designed to help prepare engaged couples for strong, lasting marriages based on biblical principles.
Two to One pairs an engaged couple with a trained volunteer mentor couple for eight mentoring sessions over two to three months. A structured curriculum provides excellent preparation in areas key to a successful marriage: communication, conflict resolution, finances, intimacy, and family. The PREPARE/ENRICH inventory, an online tool that assesses a couple’s strengths and growth areas, is also used.
Volunteer Mentors are Christian couples that have been married five years or more and demonstrate maturity in their relationship with God and wisdom in their marriage.
Prerequisites for participation in Two to One:
- You are currently engaged, with a wedding date more than six months from the date of registration.
- One or both of you are regular attendees of one of our North Point Ministries churches.
- If either you or your fiancé have been previously married, your wedding date must be at least two years from the date of your divorce.
It is critical to begin the premarital process at least six months before your wedding date. This ensures that if areas are discovered during the mentoring sessions that you or your fiancé need further work on, there will be plenty of time to do so apart from the last-minute rush of wedding preparations.
If you do not meet these prerequisites, we recommend premarital counseling with one of the professional Christian counselors in our referral network. Each of these counselors specializes in premarital counseling and is trained to administer and interpret the PREPARE/ENRICH.
If you meet the prerequisites, the next steps are as follows:
- Click here to register. The cost of Two to One is $170 per couple, which includes all materials and assessment tools. You will be able to pay online when you register. If you decide not to participate, you will receive a full refund.
- You will receive a confirmation email from the Two to One staff with additional details and instructions.
- When a potential mentor couple is available (no less than three to four months from your wedding date), you’ll be given further instructions to complete the PREPARE/ENRICH assessment and be matched with a mentor couple.