What makes a good mentor?
A good mentor...
- Is consistent, reliable, and shows up each and every month.
- Listens well and asks good questions.
- Is supportive and encouraging.
- Models a growth mindset through curiosity and perseverance.
Here’s how mentoring works...
- All mentors must fill out a mentoring application, attend a training session, and complete a background check before being matched with a student.
- Once partnered with a student, the school provides a set time for meeting with your mentee between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Elementary and Middle School mentors commit to meet with their student at least once a month for one hour from October through May.
- High School mentors commit to meet with their student three to four times a month for one hour from October through May.
We will be there to support you every step of the way!