Family of Origin
“The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” “He’s a chip off the old block.” “Like mother, like daughter.” “Like father, like son.” These may be clichés, but sayings become clichés for a reason. There’s a measure of truth behind them. We inherit much from our parents and the environments in which we were raised. In thriving marriages, spouses are willing to look at their past, in order to make better sense of their present. After you watch this week’s video, set aside some time to discuss the Couple Conversation Questions below.
- Not Forsaken: Finding Freedom as Sons & Daughters of a Perfect Father by Louie Giglio
- How We Love by Milan and Kay Yerkovich
- Enemies of the Heart by Andy Stanley
- Life Apps (Part 2, “The Forgiveness App”) by Jeff Henderson
- Fight Club by Andy Stanley